There is no time to be shedding tears over summertime sadness, winter is coming but first we’re stepping into autumn. Although it pains us to say summer is pretty much over (did it even really start?) Autumn is easily one of our favourite seasons! From a killer new wardrobe, pumpkin spiced everything to cosy nights in here is a list of reason why you should be super excited about autumn!
1) Killer New Wardrobe | When it comes to your autumn wardrobe, it doesn’t get much more essential than coats, hoodies, thick socks + boots, and scarves, It’s also maybe worth investing in a woolly hat, especially if you live in the deen! There’s no more pretending you're warm enough in just a t-shirt or having to focus on showing skin, you can relax and finally wear clothes that are comfortable and don’t require excessive body hair removal or visible sweat beads (Hooray!)
2) Cosy Nights in |The summer months always forced you down to the nearest pub garden trying not to shiver or setting up those throw-away cheap BBQ’s when Aberdeen pretended to be in Summer for a couple of hours. Autumn is the time of year where you don’t have to participate in such activities; in fact it’s all about staying inside, nice and snug, eating and drinking your body weight in awesome food and hot drinks. We suggest investing in some blankets and home comforts that will provide you with the ultimate cosy night in.
3) Comfort Food |Autumn is all about the stodgy, warm and comforting food, in fact, the more cheese-and-potato-themed all the better. The cold weather autumn brings gives you an excuse to try a whole array of new vegetables such as pumpkins and butternut squash, all mixed into a soup to keep you all warm and fuzzy inside!
4) Hot drinks & Pumpkin Spiced everything… |The first three words that pop into your head when you think of autumn: Pumpkin spiced latte - The spiced latte is today recorded as the most popular seasonal beverage of all time. Drinking a cup of this beverage will give you the feeling that autumn has arrived! Not a PSL lover? Don’t worry all hot and cosy hot drinks are back on the menu, including the hot chocolate – with lots of marshmallows and cream (of course), no more iced frappe mocha chocca whatta drinks.
5) Beautiful Colours & Scenery |This is maybe one of the biggest reasons we LOVE Autumn so much… Everywhere you go you see leaves changing into colours of red, orange and yellow, falling to the ground. There is something magical about the sound of the leaves crunching below your feet as you're walking on by or driving down the road through the countryside taking in the amazing views that autumn brings. I know we’re going on about leaves a lot, but they’re really cool when they’re that colourful and everywhere right?
One thing about autumn… all of the best holidays and festivities are right around the corner.
6) Halloween | Halloween is pretty cool! It is a customary celebration where children go in costume from house to house asking the question, Trick or treat? Telling scary stories, visiting haunted places, making jack-o-lanterns out of pumpkins and apple bobbing are just a few activities that take place on this spooky occasion. It’s that one time of year where you can play pretend and dress up; eat an enormous amount of sweets. And if you’re old enough it is basically an EPIC night out! What more could you want?
7) Bonfire Night | Remember, remember, the 5th of November… What may have started as a terrible threat to blow up Parliament has turned into one of the most enjoyable nights of the year. We know this is arguably almost the start of winter, but it’s the time when we grab our gloves and scarves, get some sparklers on the go and watch the sky burst with colour at a firework display, cue the 'ahhh's...
8) Countdown to Christmas |Okay, we know it’s that dreaded word… Christmas… but hear us out… You can officially start counting down the days until the BIG DAY!! Any countdown before autumn is definitely invalid but we believe that this is definitely acceptable. And who doesn’t love Christmas? Humbug. #SorryNotSorry